Monday, April 1, 2013

Everything looks better in the sun!

I just crested over 100 page views. I am not sure what that means, I think its just every time the page is loaded onto someone's server. I made mine and my girlfriends computer not count, so it has to mean something. I am sure in a few months I will look back on that and it will seem insignificant, but right now it feels like a milestone. 
This morning, when I checked the sweet potatoes I saw one had a little tiny shoot coming off it! Last year, I didn't even buy my sweet potatoes until april 9th. That means I am at least a month ahead of where I was last year. 
The radish seedlings are starting to perk up through the soil. The other seedlings the kids started are doing okay as well. especially The youngest boy, he just dumped a bunch of seeds in his tray and they are all going crazy. Before I left My girlfriends house this morning, I also checked on the worms, fed and watered them. They are not working through the compost as fast as I expected. Though to be honest, my expectations were probably way to high. They seem healthy though. They haven't gotten any thicker then they were, but they are a good deal longer. They are lively too. I figure I will just add a few handfuls of compost every week till the box is full. then just let it sit for a few weeks/months until it seems they have worked though most of it. Then work on making them move to a new box. 
When I came home I inspected my garlic bed and the cold frame. The garlic is looking strong. Another month or two in the ground and I will have me a lot of pretty tasty garlic cloves. My salad green cold frame is looking good. I pulled some of them out of the egg cartons they started life in. It got really annoying to do that, so many are still in them in them. I hope the cartons just break down. 
Well the sun is out and I want to go be in it, even if its a bit cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment