Friday, April 26, 2013

Planting Tires, Slingshots, Baby Bunny and the Heart of a Cow.

Yesterday, was a full day. I started early down in the garden. I scrubbed the tractor tire more and got as much of the alge off as I am going to. I put it in place  and filled it with dirt, only to find out that the flowers that I want to put in it, morning glories, 4 o'clocks and moon flowers are all supposed to be planted in June. I also planted two more beds, one with some more salad greens and one with radish. I think they will be done and ready to come out before the squash is ready to go in. I really like the idea of getting multiple harvests from the same beds before the end of the year.
Yesterday afternoon, I spent some time whittling this!
I got the designs on line. I used my Leathermen for almost everything. The Leathermen has no scissors so I had to used the another pair. It is surprisingly accurate with in about 30 feet. 
After I made the Slingshot, I picked up two old friends from the greyhound station. We returned to the woods for walking and slingshot testing. While there we found this! 
A few years ago I was out walking and I stepped on a baby bunny by accident. I eviscerated it and the experience was horrible. Several of my friends who know about these thing consoled me by telling me that it was abandon and would have died anyway. Then when I posted a picture on facebook about this bunny, those same friends told me I should put it back so its mother can find it. One of these statements can't be true. Regardless I am putting the bunny back. Dangress, my cat, has been eyeing this shoe box all night. Besides if it lives I can shoot it with my sling shot in a few months when its full grown and have rabbit stew. 
My friends and I cooked dinner together. There is truly nothing better than a good meal cooked with good friends. We cooked the beef heart I have been saving since last year. It was delicious. I had tried to make it once before and it went terribly. The trick was removing all the connective tissue and rinsing the blood out completely. Then I just used a simple apple-cider vinegar and olive oil marinade and grilled it. We also had sweet potato fries with it. Delicious. 
After dinner we went for a walk and found three more tires that are now sitting in my back yard. 
Oh and my watering can is growing something!




No comments:

Post a Comment