Sunday, April 21, 2013

Squirrel Vs Dog

Yesterday, when I was down at the garden I noticed the fence was coming up around the bottom.  I noticed this cause my friend asked me to walk their dog when they were out of town. I took the dog down to the garden and she slipped out under the fence. If a 45 lbs dog can get under it a rabbit will have no problem. 
Today, I took my friends dog back and as I pulled up the the garden there was a squirrel inside my fence. The dog spent 10 minutes chasing the squirrel back in forth. The dog couldn't get in and the squirrel didn't have time to get out before the dog would get to where it was. I know I am probably going to hell for letting it go on that long. Finally I had to put the dog back in the car and let the squirrel escape. 
I had the idea to use the wire from old political signs to tie the fence down. The wire cutters I have were in no way up to the challenge. Leathermen are jacks of all trades masters of none. I got some bolt cutters that make you feel like a real man when you use them. They made short work of it. I bent the wire into V shapes and stabbed them through the fence into the ground. The fence was tacked down quickly after that. 
I want to go back tomorrow and use the mulch/compost in at the end of the space down there and bury the fence that is tacked down. But for the moment I have a bunch of homework to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment