Saturday, March 30, 2013

Worms, Radishes and Sweet Potatoes


Yesterday, we checked on our wrigglers. We have had them for 48 hours now so we needed to see how they were settling in. 
They were looking pretty happy. 

Plump and well fed. 


They were still working on the first meal I had given them. After some manhandling (and boyhandling) we closed up our wrigglers. 
After, we finished shelling the radish seeds I took all the shell casings and started sprouting them. There were still a lot of seeds left that would have taken way to long to separate out. Yesterday, I made some take out boxes into planters and put the sprouting casing in with some dirt. Once the last frost date has passed, I will plant them outside. Maybe I will talk my girlfriend into putting them in front of her apartment. They do have pretty little flowers. If I remember them right. 
Oh! I almost forgot there are little roots showing on the sweet potatoes. They root first, then shoot. Soon we will be in business. Hopefully, they will be ready to go when the garden space is and I will be able to start them at the right time. Last year, I didn't start them till it was much to late and I wasn't able to get them out in the ground till mid June. If I can have them out the day after the last frost I might have sweet potatoes before the last frost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment