Thursday, April 4, 2013

Foraging

Wow, just two days ago, I was excited about hitting 100 page views. Today, I hit 200. I also, now have Five followers! I want to thank everyone who is reading and following this blog. You all are keeping me motivated to keep this thing going.
Yesterday morning, I planted three more egg cartons with seeds. I started some sunflower seeds, I only had 11 seeds so I am growing them just for aesthetics and to get more seeds. The other things I started were more salad things and some beets. 
In the afternoon, the boys and I took a hike in the same woods where we found all the tires the day before. I showed them what wild chives are and we all tasted them. They were soo excited about them, that they wanted to take some home for their mother. We added them to the meat loaf. 

Also, when we were in the woods we came across one of the tires that was really far from any others that we gathered. As a result of its distance we forgot it, but it was in great shape. The boys rolled it up the trail (I helped with the hills) and we now have 18 for my Sweet Potato SkyScrpaers.



Later that night, I noticed that I have my first case of poison ivy for the year. Its Spring time!

No comments:

Post a Comment