Thursday, April 11, 2013

A rainy day.

Its been raining since about 7 last night. On the one hand, I am loving this cause everything is getting a good soak and its giving me a chance to do some other weird projects. But there is that other part of me that wants to hang out inside in sweats and stay warm and dry.

 Last night, after the first down poor I went outside and spent about 45 minutes collecting worms. I would guess I got between 100 and 200. I want to do this more through the rainy season and maybe compair the performance between the feral worms and the domesticated ones. So far I just put them in a container, punched holes in the lid and gave them some coffee to munch on. I have the little guys sitting on my desk as I write.
My sweet potatoes are developing some good shoots. The last frost date in this area is May first. That gives them 19 more days to grow. I hope I have enough strong shoots to get them in the ground then. The first frost date looks to be around October 1. I guess that does give me 153 days with out frost. Wow, I never did the math on that before. Sweet potatoes need between 100 and 110 days in the ground. That gives me more than a month for error. 

No comments:

Post a Comment