Saturday, April 20, 2013

Some time on the Farm.

Still on the road of recovery from Thursdays heat training.
Today, I did some work in the garden. I found water collecting on the inner lip of each tire in the stacks. I filled that space in with more compost so there will not be standing water. The fence isn't working as well as I would have liked. I need to figure out something to fix it. I am thinking something to anchor it to the ground better and then dig it under some.
The carrots tops I planted the other day do not seem to be doing well. Who could blame them with this crazy weather. I didn't have much hope for them, but it still makes me sad. I also started some more salad greens. When all my salady stuff gets together, I am gonna be waist deep in salads.
I guess I still didn't do that much. But it felt good to be down there. I had to walk my friend's dog, who is out of town. I took the dog down to the garden with me.
I am hopeful for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment