Tuesday, April 9, 2013

It was hot out today. Down right hot.

I started early today, with getting some flower seeds in the ground in the south west corner of my space down in the community garden. I was hoping it would rain on them, but the rain didn't come. Then, I spent most of my morning and afternoon, with a break in the middle to lift weights, churning my fathers compost bin out behind the garage. I would estimate that I got about 45 cubic feet of usable compost, that I get to keep. I filled the first layer of tires and have the rest of the compost in the corner waiting. I am so hot and tired.
In the compost I found a lot of shredded plastic. We live on a main road and I know I am guilty of running over some litter with the mower from time to time. It probably got mixed in that way. This year I will be more vigilant when I do that chore. I also found some carrot tops that had started little shoots and what I think is an onion growing. When the water gets turned on in my garden I will take them down there.  I want to clean out the bee hive too if I get a second wind but until then I will relax.



No comments:

Post a Comment