Saturday, March 23, 2013

Productive Saturday

Like I said earlier this week today I went to "The Worthington Farmers Market." It was by far the best farmers market I have been to. Not to say I have been to many. I used to go to one weekly when I lived in Wisconsin and there is one that meets down the street from me in the summer. There were all sorts of vendors at the Worthington one, today. Lots of the standard things you see at most farmers markets. I was sad that I saw lots of dairies selling cheese, but from what I saw no butter. I will have to ask around more next time I go there. There were a few beef and pork farms.
The most exciting meat producer I saw was an Ohio Bison Farm, they don't seem to have a web site. I will be interested to talk with these people further. The pamphlet that I got from them is spare on information about feeding practices and really anything beyond prices and raving that bison is low in fat.  
The only other vendor I had time to talk to was an herbalist, Mockingbird Meadows. They had an herbal CSA, they hold "homestead farm dinners" once a month and they even have an apprenticeship program. I am excited to learn more about these people as the summer continues. 
The other thing I have done so far today of merit is I went to the Whetstone Public Library and got Lights Out and The 4 Hour Chef. Reviews of those books will be out soon. 
Also, wish me luck, in a few hours I am leaving for "Mini Hell" and I will review the success of my new recipe "Bulletproof Rocketfuel." 

No comments:

Post a Comment