Wednesday, March 27, 2013

More Spring Break!

Yesterday was a complete success. I posted which is still a big deal for me. My girlfriends kids and I shelled a ton of my "radish" seeds, as we watched Superman IV. There are still a lot to shell, but there have been lots of them since last summer. I think that if we watch Superman Returns today, we should finish them. After a walk in the woods near the house, we built the worm bin. I wanted to take pictures of the construction project. However, I thought it more wise to stand close when I had a four-year-old using an electric drill. According to the internet shipment tracker, the worms are in Columbus now. Hopefully they will arrive today. We should put some food in there now so its all ready when the wrigglers get here. 
Today, as stated before I want to get more seeds shelled. Yesterday, my girlfriend found a bunch of pine cones in one of the boys pockets as she was doing laundry. Today, I am gonna help them make those pine cones into bird feeders for the back porch. The apartments here back up on an industrial park. I hope if we get some birds and when the weather turns warmer some plants, it will make it more homey. We need bird seed and peanut butter. I don't want to use almond butter if i can help it cause it costs more. 
I noticed some more of my salad greens, in the egg cartons, coming up this morning before I left. I hope my cat doesn't eat them before they have a chance to take off. I think tomorrow, I will build my cold frame. the weather should still be really nice. We may even get some sun. That way I can stick my new greens in there and have a salad bed in a few short weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment