Monday, March 25, 2013

Rocketfuel Review and Weekend Report

First and for most, I survived last weekend. The "Bulletproof Rocketfuel" was a success. I had buckets of energy the whole time and though I got cld at times, like after being splashed by a big rock and then standing around in wet pants with no shirt for 20 minutes, I felt ready for anything. 
I left saturday and rode down to southeastern Ohio with some friends. The first day of training, we learned some evasion tactics and did some physical training in the bitter cold of night. Then after a good nights rest, that I was not expecting to get, we did some cold water training. The air temp was right around 32 degrees and the water temp and the water temp was a wapping 34, this is in Fahrenheit not Celsius. We were only in for about 2 minutes, just long enough to get our heads wet. Then a heroic dash for towels and warm cars. 
As soon as we got back to my friend's house who was hosting us it started snowing. There were at least two inches an hour later, when we left. I was hoping that today, I would be able to build a cold frame for an early salad garden. Sadly, the snow storm followed us back to central ohio and we have about 3 inches here now. I hope I can get that cold frame up by the end of the week though. 
I am pressed for time today, so Its another short post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment