Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Things I Eat

On a daily basis I eat a variety of foods. I generally start my day with a cup of Bulletproof Coffee. I make mine with MCT oil, which contains Palm oil and Coconut oil, Virgin Coconut oil and grass fed butter or gee. I also like to have some kind of breakfast meat and eggs with breakfast. In those eggs I usually put about 1 1/2 Tbs. of turmeric. For lunch I eat often eat an omelet, more turmeric, an avocado, some kinda meat, and spinach or sprouts. Dinner is where I introduce my variety, the meals I have then are of all sorts, I eat more meat and veggies at dinner. The thing all these meals have is common is my love of spices. Garlic, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, sage rosemary, thyme, cayenne, coco to name but a few.
You can see a bit of a problem growing for our surburban farmer. I live in centerial ohio, zone 5 or 6 depending on what map you are looking at. Many of the things I consume regularly are from warmer climates. I can grow some things indoors but I really don't have the space to produce a lot of it. Outside I can grow a lot of the things common to my region, salad greens other colder climate vegetables. Of the spices I listed I can grow, garlic, sage, rosemary, and tyme. The others I will have to find more creative ways to grow.
I will not let these limitations stop me though. I want to at least try growing the more exocitic plants on my list. I have several avacado seeds going in my room many with full stalks and leaves. I don't know when or how they will start fruiting, but I am patient.  Coconut, palm, turmric, cumin, cinnaimon, cyanne and coco are all on my list. I don't know the first thing about growing them but I have the internet and the time to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment