Monday, March 18, 2013

Thoughts for a rainy day.

3-18-2013
In yesterdays post, I broke down the things I consume into three or four categories  One things I can grown myself. That group will include sweet potatoes, salad greens other cruciferous vegetables and a selection of herbs. 
The second group is stuff I can get at my local farmers markets. I eat a lot of meat, butter, eggs and other animal products. I know the Westerville farmers market pretty well. There is one meat producer and a few people with things like eggs. A quick Google search just yielded this, Columbus Underground Farmers Markets. This link has them listed by the day of the week they are held,Restaurant Widow Farmers MarketApparently, there is one near here in Worthingtonthat runs year round about 10 minutes down the road. I have a trip planned Saturday
The third group, out are foods like my supplements. I am an athlete and a bit of a bio-hacker. I eat things like "bullet-proof coffee," pea protein and other supplements. I dough I will find a local sources for coconut oil and MCT oil, or coffee for that matter. For that I have the Clintonville Community Co-op. I need to renew my membership in a few short weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment