Friday, March 29, 2013

My Subversive Plot!


After I built the cold frame yesterday, we didn't do much in the way of gardening. The oldest sister finally got to make some planters of her own, I talked her into planting purple carrots! She was with her father when we did the first round of them. The kids and I went for a walk in the woods and stopped at the community garden plots. These are the boys (Spider-man front) in front of our plots. We have a 20x40 foot space. We can't start planting for another month, but I feel a lot better having seen it. 
When we were down there we saw these two new weird structures. They were 20 feet tall towers, each had a concrete base then 4 metal posts that ran up about 3 feet. Then the whole thing was covered in wood to the top. They were only a foot on each side. The only thing I could think they were, was chimneys. 
So, I just got off the phone with the Park Maintenance people, apparently they are chimneys, sort of. They are a boy scout project for birds that nest in chimneys. I will be interested to see what is in them through the summer.
If these kids are half as excited as me my girlfriend and I are about this garden project its gonna be a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment