Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Let them eat 3000 calories.

Recently I have been letting my focus on what I am trying to do here laps. Between Job hunting and beekeeping I am doing less food related things. This job hunting has really started to consume my focus. I have been trying to eat cleaner for the past two months or so. Mostly, through better sourced animal products. The primary result of this is that I am eating about 2000 calories a day. I don't preferentially track for calories, but I use a diet tracker "my fitness pal" that tells me where I stand in many ways including calories. I know from past experience that I feel and preform better when I am closer to 3000 calories. Though I have never eaten that much in the intermittent fasting method that I am now. Nor have I ever eaten that much of well sourced foods. 
These days I get up around 8 a.m. and drink a 30-30 bullet proof coffee. Which is coffee, coconut oil, butter, whey protein, and creatine. Then I am full till about 1 p.m. at which time I eat a good sized omelet. Then I have another meat based meal in the evening around 7 p.m. There is little snacking through out the day. However, I have noticed that when I spot the chocolate my mother stashes around the house I can't help myself. When I am purposefully eating a higher calorie diet it is much easier to resist this temptation. I have also recently been drinking too much hard cider. I think that has something to do with my being unhappy about the job hunt. 
In addition to the lighter calorie load I am also unable to consume the supplements I would like to. When I use the word supplement I don't really mean supplements, but its the best word for what I mean. I would ideally be adding MCT oil to my coffee in the morning. I also would like to be able to throw about 2 tbs of turmeric into my eggs everyday. When I eat more turmeric I notice a significant decrees in joint pain. For the last week I have noticed the tendinitis in my right index toe flair up, that is one of my early warning signs.
I don't mean to complain. I just wanted to post about my food. I endeavor to eat well and train well, but it has been difficult for the last several months. That is all

No comments:

Post a Comment