Thursday, June 6, 2013

Fun in the Bee Yard.

Yesterday I did some work down in my garden. I planted some more squash, buttercup and butternut. I also picked some of the salad greens and radishes and took it to the COBA bee yard for the pot luck. 






At the bee yard the cows were over visiting the bees and eating the mulberry trees. The cows really seem to love the bees. They come over to check it out when we are checking the hives a lot. I would have gotten closer to the cows for more pictures but I had some barbecued shredded beef from the COBA picnic and I think they may have been offended. 




At the meeting I met a queen breeder. She had all kinds of information about queens. She also gave me some good advice on how to get better pictures of my bees. I have been trying to just hold my phone really close, but she told me to hold it back some and use the zoom. She had really wonderful pictures of her queens. 


Oh! and some one brought garden fresh strawberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment