Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Brief Update 6-19-2013

I have gotten a job painting houses. This by no means my job hunt is over, but with a pay check it will be less stressful. This job is tiresome work. Today, was cut short at only 10 hours. I should have been there 11. I think after a week or two when I am used to this long of days things will be much better. Needless to say I am tired so this is gonna be a short one.
Tuesday night, I decided to check my new hive later in the evening than I should have. They had built some comb on the inner cover. On the one hand that means they are settling in. On the other hand that is wasted time and effort on their part. By the time I was getting ready to open up the second box the bees were getting pretty feisty. I got one sting on the hand. Then quickly one on the neck and one right next to my left eye. I was loosing the light fast and decided to close them up and try again later. I still haven't gotten back in. I really want to do it all tomorrow. I guess it depends how slammed I get from work.
I have not been in my garden in a few days. Its also on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment