Friday, May 10, 2013

Up Coming Projects

Over the past four days I have had an exam and two job interviews. I have been busy. Tuesday, after the first interview, I got a bunch of old wood. There has been this pile of old wood behind the library from when they rebuilt the dumpster enclosure, for months. I asked the maintenance people at the library and they said "go ahead!" As I was loading the wood I saw really huge pallet in the dumpster. 
I took the wood home and de-nailed it. I want to try to build an adirondack  chair with it and put it in my garden. One of my goals this year in the garden is to make the space as comfortable as possible. In years past there has never been much reason to spend time in my garden. Never anywhere to sit, I have never tried planting flowers either. This year I am doing lots of flowers and just trying to make it pretty down there. 
The morning following the wood collection I went back to the dumpster and got that pallet. I had to tie it to the roof of my car. I took it straight to my garden. This thing is huge. It was 7 feet long, made with 2x4s and a bunch of plywood. I spent two hours yesterday de-constructing it and I am still not done. I am not sure what I am doing with it yet. Though I am thinking Project: Black Rain. Things are still coming along in the garden I have tons of sprouts coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment