Friday, May 31, 2013

Hot and Cold.

Today, I am gonna change gears from what I normally talk about, to talk a bit about my training.  Yesterday after some very intense plyometric exercise in the heat, I was too hot and could not cool off. I took a short cold shower when I first got home which helped for about two hours but my core temperature kept creeping back up and around 10 o'clock, I was just as hot as I had been right after the workout. I needed to do something. Cold baths never work for me cause the initial shock of getting into the water was always enough to make me not want to do it in the first place.
 However, last night I developed a method that helped me to get into the water with no shock period. I started by turning my shower on to room temperature. It was at the coldest it could be so that I could still step into it with out any shock. At this time I also put the stopper in the bottom of the tub. Over the course of five minutes or so I turned the temperature of the water down as low as my shower would go. The whole time running cold water over as much of me as possible. Then when the tube was about half full I switched the water to the tub fossett. I pulled back the shower curtain and laid down in the tub with as much of my upper body under water as possible. With in minutes my entire upper body was submerged and I was shivering. 
I am really excited about this process cause I feel I can consistently do it. Perhaps soon enough I will be able to start adding some actual ice to the bath once I am submerged like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment