Sunday, May 12, 2013

Plants and Pancakes!

 Yesterday, early, I went to the COBA annual pancake breakfast. I volunteered there, I must have made 60 pancakes. It was very serial cooking these things that I don't really think of as food anymore. People seemed to like them though. I met lots of cool beekeepers. There was also a plant swap going on at the breakfast. I didn't have anything to trade but I was there at the end to clean up. As a result there were lots of plants no one took. I got some Ghost chilies, tomatoes, spearmint, oregano and assorted flowers. I need to start getting some of these things in the ground.

My car is a Mess! And I have tomatoes in my cup holders!

This morning for Mother's Day, I made paleo pancakes. I used the recipe here. It went terribly. I ended up with sort of dumplings and a million dirty dishes. I used a purple sweet potato, cause I like different colors. The meat of the vegetable was a good reddish purple to start. When I added the baking soda it turned sort of cobalt blue and when it cooked they turned a dark green. The batter did not hold up to any flipping and I had sort of flat wads in the end. They also weren't that tasty. I love sweet potato so I will eat it all in the end, but I do not recommend this recipe.
I have to go plant stuff. See ya.

Yeah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment