Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sad thoughts on a Great day


I want you to look at that bee long and hard. That is a dead bee from one of the hives my friend lost this winter. From what I am hearing from beekeepers 50% of hives were lost this winter. Joseph Stalin said "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic" Its hard for us to think about how many bees might have been lost this winter. This bee is beautiful and I want to take a moment thing think about her and all her sisters that are no longer with up. She was a worker bee. She will not be missed. She will not be remembered. We humans ignore the fact that we are dependent on this species. When the bees are gone we will lose lots of the food we are accustom to. I don't know where I am going with this thought but I want you to think about her. Think about who she was. Think about what caused this hive to die when they had the honey they needed to survive the winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment