Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Planting!

Today I planted! It was the first time this year that I got to plant live plants, as opposed to seeds. I put in all 6 of the tomatoes that I got at the plant swap saturday. The five smaller ones are brandywine tomatoes. The guy who was giving them away said they were some of the best tasting tomatoes you can find.

I got some marigolds that are now prettifying my entrance.

My salad greens are still coming along though they did end up kinda clustered. I need to find a way to spread/thin them out.

I put in more carrot tops I will know if it works in about a month and a half. If it did I will have tons of carrots. If not I will have tons of compost!
I just painted my new adirondack chair. It still needs to be painted on the underside. Then it will need a second coat. After all that I will put a few strategic screws into it to really hold it together super-tight.
 I have almost run out of places to plant in my garden. I still have the tires to fill with sweet potatoes, which I will do tomorrow. Then I will only be able to reseed places as the plants in them mature or fail to grow. This is a really exciting development. Last year I only planted about 1/3 of my space and though my space was 1/3 larger than this one. That is still 1/3 better than last year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment