Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Goals For My 25th Year.


Today is Tuesday September 10th. One week from my birthday. Every year for the past several years I have set myself a goal to complete on or before the next year’s birthday. When I turned 23 I did a 2300-meter cat crawl. A few months before my 24th birthday I hurt my foot and lost sight of that year’s goal. This past year I wrote down the following goals, Hand-stand press-ups, One arm hand-stand (free standing), Run 5 miles in 30 minutes,  5 minute breath hold, One arm chin-up, Muscle-up. I have achieved none of the goals.
I think my big problem was that I gave myself too much to concentrate on. When I did the 2300-meter cat crawl that was my only goal. For several months that was all I concentrated on. I would crawl home from class everyday. If I crawled to class I would get sweat all over my notes.  I built myself up to crawling 40 minutes or more every day. I crawled so much the school paper wrote an article about me. However, with 6 goals over the past several months I couldn’t concentrate on any one of them hard enough to make a real dent in any of them. I am much fitter now than at this time last year. So, in some ways that is a success. But I have not passed any of my milestones. Over the next week I will focus all my energy on these goals. In a weeks time I will test myself. I know some of them I will not be able to do in that time. However, I will give it a solid try!

No comments:

Post a Comment