Saturday, July 20, 2013

Up Date 7-19-2013

Last night, with the help of Moe I cooked and eat the heart of a cow. Actually she did most of the cooking and I did most of the eating. Once you know how to deal with hearts they taste much like any other muscle. Though there the flavor is a bit different. Today I started thawing my bison heart. It will be ready to eat tomorrow.
This morning I also got into my garden again. This tire tower plan requires so much dirt. The tires average about 2.5 feet across and will be about 3.5 feet high at the end. that comes to almost 27 cubic feet of soil per tire. Times 9 towers, almost 250 cubic feet of soil for this project. That would be enough soil to cover my whole garden space 20x40 feet in 3.5 inches deep.  This is so much dirt.
I think the only way I can collect that much dirt is to dig a hole somewhere. At the end of the season  I have to clear out my plot to be tilled. I will have to make a huge pile somewhere in the woods near by.  






No comments:

Post a Comment