Monday, July 22, 2013

Meat Heaven!

Today, I finally got around d to making the second heart in my freezer. This one was a bison heart. The structure was much the same as the cow heart but a bit smaller. I started the same way as you do with the cow heart. First, you 

through

ly 

rinse all the blood, including the congealed stuff, out. I know there are probably some things I could be doing with the blood, for now I am not getting that far into it. Then, I spend several minutes cutting away all the fascia. This is the really icky part, but you end up with one bowl of scrap and about Three decent sized steaks. Today I diced the steaks up and placed them in a simple red-wine vinegar marinade. Then, I took the scraps and put them in a slow cooker with some water. In several hours I will make the diced steaks into shish kebab and the scraps will be strained to make a soup base. 
I made a soup base with the scraps from the heart the other day. It was fantastic! The broth was so fatty I felt like I had just put on really thick chap stick. I just had some more of the stuff for lunch and I am so energized. I still have maybe a bowl of the stuff left. I also have a soup bone in my freezer. I am gonna have so much stew soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment