Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Push and Pull.

Today, I did my training fueled by the heart of a bison. It was really hot out and for the first time in months I tried to do some heat training. I wore sweat pants and a long sleeved tee. I ran to a park and did some balance training. My balance has gotten really bad lately, so I stepped up what I was doing.
After all that I made my way slowly to the local college track. There I a mile in 7:07. I don't mean to offend anyone but I am about to. 7:07 is a pathetic time. I should be running in the sub 6 minute range. and I should be able to do it more than once. Today, I tried to go for a second mile and made it to 900 meters. Then, I just could not go on. I must redouble my efforts to bring down my time in that. I would like to be able to do several mile repeats in a row with much better times.
I also want to start doing more intensive heat training again. Today, it was only in the mid 80s and I was dying out there. All and all, I am happy I got out there today and pushed myself. However, I am bummed at how far I got when pushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment