Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Run Hot and Cold with Caution

I have recently started my "extreme environment" training again. Sunday I took home a five gallon bucket of ice home from work and made myself take an ice bath. I have taken a few ice baths since then. When I do them I run my bath in on the coldest setting it will run. My bath tub is so small that I can only fit waist down or mid thigh up to neck at a time. After my tub is full I get in and get my legs down after a few minutes I get my upper body in. Then I grab the bucket of ice and pour it over myself. This moment is also accompanied with a lot of cursing and me yelling about how I hate myself. I then try to stay upper body in until the ice melts. Then I switch back to waist down for another ten minutes.
I have also started doing my heat training again. This process is simpler, I put on sweats and run around in the ridiculous Ohio heat. If you want to start doing something like this, start with sweat pants with shorts under. BRING WATER. After doing sweat pants for a while then move onto sweat shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment