Sunday, August 11, 2013

Liver Success!

In the past three days I have eaten two grass-fed beef livers. They have been delicious. The recipe I am using is very simple. First I get the pan hot with some butter and add some crushed and diced garlic on low heat. Then I chop 3 small onions, just under fist size and add them. I saute them until they begin to get soft, adding another clove of garlic during this stage. Then I take all that out of the pan, put more butter in and let it melt. As the butter melts I take the liver out of the package and rinse it well in a colander. Then, I put the liver in the pan, with a lid on, on medium heat. Once the top of the liver starts to brown I flip the liver and add the onion back in. Then I let is simmer for a few minutes. Finally, enjoy. 
The liver flavor is not really like anything else I can describe, but its not unpleasant. In fact if you go into the operation with no preconceived notions, it can be quite good. If you are expecting it to taste like a steak you will be sadly disappointed however. I think it is safe to say the I will be eating a liver at least one a week for the foreseeable future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment