Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Best Beef Heart Yet!

I cooked my most delicious heart to date today!
1 Beef heart
1 Tbs cold liver oil lemmon flavor
2 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs lime juice
1 large (really large) garlic clove
Dried tyme
Salt
Pepper

First cut the heart to remove all the vessels and sinew. This is by far the hardest part of cooking a heart. it sucks and there is no other easy around it. I used a for instead of my hands this time and it helped a bit I think.
Mix the cod liver oil, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper into a small bowl. Add about 1 Tbs of the mixture to the heart steaks and mix the heart around until covered in the marinade. Let the meat sit for 30 minutes to 24 hours (I did about 1.5 hours)
Pour the remainder of the oil stuff into a large frying pan and heat on medium heat. Once hot add the heart steaks, cover with a lid. When they get brown on the top side flip the steaks and keep them on for a few more minutes. It was when I flipped them that I added about 5 cherry tomatoes from the garden. After a few minutes on the second side remove from pan and let sit for about 4 minutes. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment