Monday, February 10, 2014

I Bought the Farm.

There is no sense trying to keep it under wraps now. On Thursday of last week I renewed my community garden plot with the Westerville rec. I also renewed Moe's. In mid-April the we will begin the season down at the gardens! I was originally going to try and give Moe her plot for Valentine's Day.
In other news I transferred my Mead yesterday, from the open fermentation container to the jug. The next phase of the Mead is a couple more transfers from jug to jug until its ready to be bottled and racked. For the first stage of the fermentation I normally use my crock pot. In the next couple of weeks I will be getting my half-hog order (excited squeal, pun intended). When I get the hog I will be using my crock pot almost constantly for roasts. I want to try to make one more mead before the hog arrives and my crock pot is occupied. I have been having a lot of fun fermenting again. It's such an ancient human practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment