Sunday, February 16, 2014

Bringing Home the Bacon!

We picked up my 1/2 hog yesterday before I went to work. It was a big one, my half was  95 lbs of deliciousness. I am so excited. My friends and I went out to North Market and got some lunch before we picked up the meat. Today I am gonna start my first roast. I have a whole box of bacon! I sadly didn't get any organs out of this hog, however they said with the next one they will try and hold out some extra organs from other animals for me. Over all this was an exultant experience. I am very excited to build this relationship with Bluescreek Farm.
I am very glad to have completed this challenge. It was back in august that I decided that I wanted to get a chest freezer and start buying bulk meats. In celebration the next two weeks of my life are gonna be a barbecue party!
Proud Men Back from the Hunt!
That box says 'Theodore Gorman 1/2 hog. But we all know he is about to be a whole pig. 
There is a body in my trunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment