Friday, January 31, 2014

Ground Swell

On Tuesday as I was heading down town to class I turned in my registration fee to "Ground Swell" an urban homesteading mentor program. I could learn things like food storage and animal husbandry. Not to mention adding a good deal of knowledge to my gardening skill set. I won't know if I got into the program for another week, fingers crossed. We may even be able to get a "Model Homestead" Certification at the end of the process. 
I know there will be some stiff competition. I am not a shoe in by any means. I am hopeful. 
With or with out this program the coming year is going to be educational and I am very excited to get my projects back under way. Even with the bitter cold outside I am starting to think about my spring garden. I have seeds a plenty and I can't wait to get dirt on my hands again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment