Monday, November 25, 2013

Getting Cold


This past weekend a bunch of my friends all partook in Mini-Hell. A fun fill weekend of crawling in mud that is finished by jumping in a frozen lake. I couldn't afford the time off work. However, I have been getting back into my own cold weather training. Last night when it was 21 degrees Fahrenheit  -6 Celsius  I went for my first shirtless run. For these I wear only shorts and shoes. I ran 1.75 miles in that cold. I ran down the biggest street in town at about 10 o'clock at night. I ran from my house to my girlfriends. By the time I got there I was a little worried that my fingers wouldn't work to unlock the door. I got in just fine though. After an hour or so I was warmed up again. 
Then this morning I went out again this time the thermometer read 20 F, -6.6 C, I did 2 miles to start. I wore a thin shirt that Was over at Moe's house cause my bag was irritating my hips. This time I ran from her house to my bank. 
From there I ran to where my father had left my car about another mile. The whole time I was on main roads and people were starring at me. I would see them in their cars all geared up for the cold with their heat on. Meanwhile I am half dressed booking it down the side walk. It's an empowering feeling knowing that I can face something most people do everything they can to avoid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment